Sunday, July 3, 2011

Blissful Journey


I packed my bags till 2:00 am at night
And slept with dreams of my vacation in sight
Nothing can beat sleeping again after waking up early in the morning
But with such level of excitement and curiosity I ended up with just yawning
Blow of cool breeze were gently patting my cheeks, and brushing my hairs
Soon I was swayed in the dreams of my delusive world with mountains and hills everywhere

With this you all must have figured it out what I am talking about. It’s about my recent family trip to two beautiful hill stations in India - Mussoorie and Rishikesh. Being a Delhiite, I always look forward to holidays on Fridays and Mondays. Three days are enough to have a perfect short trip to nearby places. It was Monday when I realized that we had a holiday on Friday. I immediately prepared the list of places which can be explored. Mussoorie and Rishikesh topped the list. 1st reason being they both have beautiful scenic beauty and 2nd reason goes to my everlasting love for capturing them.

While on my way, for some time I was struggling on how to avoid such scorching sun rays which were coming straight on my face through the side window. It was nettlesome. I was continuously hopping from one side to another to get past them but very soon I got glued to my seat. Sunrays just dint matter then; we were circling the huge mountains and going up and up and up. I had never been to such hill station before so the scene was mesmerizing. I even forgot my camera for some time; my eyes were busy absorbing the nature’s beauty. Mountains, trees, clouds, road and cars this was aaaall I could see. Never before I saw so much green and blue around me. There were mountains everywhere, huge, small, tall, broad. I somehow went back to my school days and realized that in all the paintings I made, I just dint do justice to the beauty of these mountains, for me making them was as simple as drawing a tick mark upside down. Even when I could see those beautiful creations all lined up in front of me, then also I felt that my camera will not be able to capture its real beauty. Not that the camera was not having big expensive lenses but keeping a moment of this beautiful journey in a still image would not have been worth. I was truly captivated by the atmosphere around me. We kept circling and circling and soon we were in the mall road and finally in our hotel. That night we had been enjoying at the mall road. Next day I woke up at 5 in the morning, it was extremely cold but I could not afford to miss the early morning view over there. I took my camera and went out. With every passing second the view got perfect. It was as if every next second was beating and challenging the beauty of past second. I clicked some pictures and came back. Soon we packed again and started for kempty fall and finally for Rishikesh. Kempty fall was a perfect place to refresh yourself. Sun was at its high but the cool breeze from the fall made us forget that. We spent some time over there and then left for Rishikesh.

On the ghats of Rishikesh, there were devotees praying, some youngsters rafting, children playing, boatmen shouting but still there was some sense of peace over there which was soothing enough to make us realize that this is a holy place and not any regular ghat. Devotion comes from within as soon as you enter such blessed place. The temple as seen from the other side of the holy Ganga river was completely drenched in colorful lights and the air was filled with enchants and aartis. We crossed the river and entered the temple. Mahaaarti was about to begin in 10 mins so we got settled by the river side. The belief in God, pure vibes in the air, sun dissolving in the river, pooja thali in our hands and aarti sung by all in unison took us into a different world for some time. That 1 hour was the best part of my trip. After it got completed we saw the complete temple and came back. Wow, what a trip it was…in the end I would like to say

Every moment of this short trip made me satisfied and glad
It would not have turned better, wow what a blissful journey I had!!!


No comments: