Thursday, August 11, 2011

Memorable Birthday

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Laddoo, Happy Birthday to you.- this was the birthday song sung by 4 best friends together trying to sound melodious and stentorian at the same time. But screwed all the sur and taal in it, seriously.

Wondering who this laddoo is and yeah you all must hav guessed that such a starting will surely going to lead to a story of 5 gud..no actually 5 best frnds ..

Let me straighten the things for you…

Laddoo is a nick name of a gal who got this name just like dat…out of the blues…with no single resemblance with that sweet…It was more of an accident or I should say a prank to tease me…yeah yeah I know you all are clever enough to guess that its me…

And to correct you, it is not about 5 best frnds but 4, 2 he devils n 2 she devils…still got confused with my starting line ‘song sung by 4 best frnd together’.. hmm…actually I was forced to sing it with them on my own birthday and call myself a laddoo…ewww…such are these best friends…they make you do such ultra irritating things to yourself on any day let go of being it your budday…

That day in the college I was forced to carry 2 biggg bouquets of flowers in my hands with a birthday cap on my head. Which I somehow managed to hide in some1’s bag. Thank God. I feel that frnds have the right to act childish all the time and you can expect them to do all stupid weird things very easily and they seems to enjoy it…Being the budday gal, I was the sufferer that day but yeah I never compromised on such fun when some1 else’s cake n pocket was cutting…I was an introvert kindda gal in college days…so I used to hide myself in my li’l grp of friends…but that day they sang that not so melodious birthday rhyme in every period, every class, even evry corridor, which resulted in so many wishes from every1 around me. I was being treated as a special person which I wanted to avoid. I wanted to make it as simple as any other day but with such devils around me it got tougher. Day was passing but I knew their zest of adding more spice to my bigg day will keep on rising. I was prepared to encounter more such shocks oops surprises because the cake dint show up till then. And the moment came. They blindfolded me, took me to one of the classes in top floor and left me. There was pin drop silence. Realising that it could be their next prank, I immediately untied the cloth on my eyez. Even before I could feel the light in my eyez, my eardrums instantly vibrated. Those 3 devils were singing a song for me again with a candle lit cake in middle, a small cute gift wrapped box placed aside and funny cartoon budday caps on their heads. To my astonishment it was not that same non-melodious budday song but ‘ye kaali kaali aankhen tu ru ru, tu ru ru, ye gore gore gaal’. By the end of that song we were laughing uncontrolablly. When I went to cut the cake, offcrse as expected, it was written Happy budday dear laddoo… while I was cutting it they were getting prepared with their arms and shield to attack on it and grab the biggest piece of it only after making a mess of my face offrcse...now you can guess why I call them devils, and yeah that gift box…wondering what was there in it….lots of small laddoos…in all colors…so before eating I enquired just to confrm ‘are they edible’…to this they all shouted “yes laddoo they are edible”…and within a wink the cake and laddoos were inside their tummies and forcefully in mine.

Then one He devil shouted , lets run now laddoo…we have not ate since y’day..we were preparing ourselves for your birthday treat you see. I knew this thing that i had all big foodies in my group. We went to Pizza hut and placed our order. After some time I heard some1 say “ this is for the birthday gal, laddoo” I quickly turned around and found that two of the attendants were dancing and in no time my table had no1 but just me…my friends also joined them in the dance…I was surprised as well as terrified because I knew now I am going to be their scapegoat…they pulled me and started clapping…finally I capitulated and joined them in it...it was less of dance n more of fun that we did…we thanked those two attendants and came to fill in our tummies…this was how my birthday went… Though I was reacting as if I wanted to avoid such ‘youre special today’ treatment, but inside I knew that this bunch of people means life to me…they kind of define the term ‘friendship’ in my life…being a friend is simple but being equally irritating and lovable at a time is the miracle only best friends can do…I had a wonderful birthday which I can never forget. Thanks to my He and She devils…Love you guyz…you break all records in irritating me and still manage to make me smile…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated B'Day